Orange County ADU
We are a Design-Build ADU Construction Company meaning that we will design and build your new ADU for the budget we agree on.
We include all the design plans, structural engineering, we submit to the city, pull all the permits, buid your new ADU, turn-key.
What Makes Us a Professional ADU Contractor in O.C.?
Hello, my name is Keith Daigneault, the owner of Orange County Construction, an ADU company and we specialize in building ADUs along with JADUs, Garage Conversions & Room Additions.
When you contact us for a FREE ADU ESTIMATE, Keith will be the person to call you, then come visit your project to get all info needed for your new ADU project and finally send you a completely itemized, written estimate. When hiring an ADU company it’s important to make sure they have built several ADUs, and fully understand the permit process and state guidelines.
As an ADU Contractor in Orange County, CA., we approach every ADU whether attached or detached as a custom project. We will design your ADU and create the design plans and get the ADU permits for you. We-Do-It-All. Orange County Construction ADU Contractor has beautifully completed ADU projects all over North OC. We just finished two in Costa Mesa, one detached in the city of Orange, one attached ADU in Huntington Beach, and a few garage conversion JADUs in several areas.
We offer our affordable ADU services in Anaheim, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Palma, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Midway City, Newport Beach, Orange, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Sunset Beach, Surfside, Tustin, Westminster, Yorba Linda, and Rossmoor, CA.
Custom Built ADU in Orange County, CA.
Completed ADU build in Orange County, CA
This ADU was designed and built to accommodate a client’s daughter with special needs. My client did all the interior decoration and design of the ADU which is a free-standing, 700 sq ft ADU.
This backyard ADU has two bedrooms, a nice bathroom, a great room consisting of a living room, dining room table, kitchen and stackable laundry room.
HOW TO GET YOUR ADU PROJECT STARTED?
As a trusted and local ADU Contractor in Orange County, we cater to building and remodeling homes for our clients. As an ADU Company, we start with your free estimate and offer you a guaranteed price in writing for your ADU. Once hired we start the ADU plans and follow with getting a permit from the City Building department for your new ADU.
Another Beautiful ADU Build by
Orange County Construction
Photo Examples of ADU Construction in Orange County, CA
FREE ADU Quotes
We are an experienced Design/Build company that can offer accurate pricing up-front before spending money on plans.
We Love Building ADUs
We do the complete design and build for you using the best materials and sub-contractors in Orange County today!
Enjoy Your New ADU
We will finish your ADU project on time and on budget allowing you to enjoy it for many years while adding value to your home.
ADUs are also known as (Accessory Dwelling Unit, in-law units, granny flats, secondary units, backyard cottages, guest house, garage conversion, JADU, and more. An ADU is a smaller independent residential unit located on the same property, or lot, as an attached or detached stand-alone single-family home or garage conversion. It is an affordable, effective, and innovative option to add the much-needed housing in Orange County, CA.
With the lack of housing options in the city of Orange, CA., ADUs serve a great purpose. Suppose you’re a buyer looking for a large property or a homeowner with a spacious backyard. In that case, you can repurpose the extra space to develop a second, smaller legal residence on the property.
Most first-time and even veteran home-buyers in Huntington Beach, CA. are constantly asking their realtors the exact meaning of ADUs as the rules only changed recently. Typically, accessory dwelling units offer innovative homeowners an effective and affordable way of extending their primary residence with extra space right outside the backyard.
In addition, home-buyers are increasingly competing to buy properties with ADU housing to gain a source of passive income via short-term rentals. Both buyers and sellers need to have a solid understanding of constructing their ADUs. It’s for this reason that you should work with an experienced and licensed contractor in Garden Grove, CA.
- Can I hire any general contractor?
- What should be in my ADU contract?
- Is there a minimum lot size requirement?
- Can I build an ADU in a historic district?
- What is a statewide exemption ADU?
- Can I be forced to have more parking?
- Can setbacks be required for ADUs?
- Is flexibility for siting parking required?
- Is there a limit on the height of an ADU?
- Can ADUs be exempt from parking?
- Is there a limit on the number of bedrooms?
- How do I find a good ADU contractor?
- Can impact fees be charged for an ADU?
- Can I convert my accessory structure into an ADU?
- Can school districts charge impact fees?
- Can converting existing space be expanded?
- Can I still be charged water and sewer fees?
- Measure home, design project, and review with the owner
- Once the design is accepted, we move on to the structural engineering and title24
- When the plans are completed, we move on to the City for the plan check
- Projects usually get kicked out 1-3 times for adjustments
- Once the plans are approved, we pull permits and break ground.
- Renting them is easier
- You can decorate the new space however you like
- They don’t eat into the existing storage space such as parking space, garage, attic, or basement
- They are not as disruptive as other types
- Costly construction
- Require specific permits
- You must have space for them in the yard
- They’re cheaper to build
- You capitalize on the existing space
- They’re not private
- Take away your garage or storage space
- Interior ADUs do not offer extra space
- Offer the best privacy
- Best choice to rent out
- Keeps disruption to the minimum
- Requires space
- Requires more money
- Require separate utility lines or update of the current ones
- Requires special permits
- Offer the most privacy after detached ADUs
- Not as expensive as detached ADUs
- It can still be costly
- Requires extra land to construct
- Minimization of construction noise
- ADU renter help
- Help with financing
- Adding value to your home
- Financing Partnerships
- Permit Processing