ADU Construction EXPERTS
An ADU is short for Accessory Dwelling Unit, or in other words, a Grandma Suite, or granny flat. There are lots of other variables. The state mandated starting January 2020 that all cities in California allow these ADU’s to be built. They have become very popular and choosing the right contractor can save you lots of time and money.
We are currently offering ADU services in Cypress, Anaheim, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Los Alamitos, Rossmoor, Buena Park, Orange, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, Westminster, Stanton, Newport Beach, Fullerton & Irvine CA.
Building ADU’s are similar to building any addition or free standing structure, but what sets us apart from many other ADU companies is the understanding of the new laws, city guidelines and the permit process which all differ than conventional construction residential project.
Here are a few items to consider when looking for an ADU Contractor:
- Have they build ADU’s in Orange County or in your City?
- Do they offer a detailed proposal with a guaranteed price in writing?
- How about great ADU references? Ask for them.
- Do they have a current “B” license with the state license board, and workers comp insurance, liability insurance and a current license bond? IF NOT… RUN!
Tips to think about when designing and building your ADU
- Think Twice – Build Once | Think good about your design. We help you with space planning and maximum space allowed.
- Choose the right materials and appliances. Save money by not running a gas line, use an electric stove and water heater.
- Upgrade your concrete. Many ADU’s will only require 2500psi, bump it to 3000psi and add steal rebar.
- Think about where the sun is, add a little extra insulation. Include a patio cover for shade and outdoor living.
- Use your setbacks wisely. Push your ADU back as far as you can to gain yard space.